At a very young age, you must have been introduced to Microsoft Office when you learned using a computer as it had always been the most popular software globally. Whether you are a school-going teenager or a professional in some multinational corporation, Microsoft Office is an essential part of your life because you need to use Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote, Access and other MS office components to carry out different tasks. Now, Microsoft Office 2019 has been introduced for Windows and Mac, but the users might not be that excited about it!
What Needs Do Microsoft Office 2019 Fulfill?
About 1.2 billion people in this world are using Microsoft Office regularly which means that this software fulfills some significant needs of people. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Publisher, Access and Outlook help people with content creation, formatting, data entry, data manipulation, data visualization, analysis and literally everything you can think of. This Microsoft Office 2019 review will help you understand where the software lacks and how different it is from its better alternative, Office 365.
Microsoft Office 2019 Windows and Mac is available for sale to commercial-level customers at this moment but will be available for all any time now. Microsoft Office 2019 release date was 24th September 2018 and it includes some additional features than the 2016 version but not all features of Office 365. This is one matter of concern for the majority of users because the 2016 version had all the features of Office 365 at that time. However, Office 365 has developed significantly and Microsoft Office 2019 has not been able to catch up completely on it.
Microsoft Office 2019 price is slightly higher than the 2016 version as the Home and Business version is being sold for $249 as compared to $229 for MS Office 2016. On the contrary, Professional 2019 is being sold at $439 as compared to $399 for 2016 Professional. The good thing about Microsoft Office, as opposed to Office 365 is that the former is a one-time purchase while the latter has the subscription but other benefits of Office 365 will surely outrun its drawbacks.
Office 365 vs. Microsoft Office 2019
You must be wondering why Office 2019 is being compared to Office 365 every time. Office 365, quite exactly what Google definition will tell you, is a range of subscription services being offered by Microsoft. This Software as a Service (SaaS) by Microsoft gives you an integrated cloud-based experience to carry out communication, analysis and documentation tasks on literally any device you use. Following are two major differences between Microsoft Office 2019 and Office 365 that will make it clear if you want to buy one or the other:
- Pricing and payment option: You are now aware of Microsoft Office 2019 price and the fact that it is a one-time purchase so you would not have to incur the cost again and again. On the other hand, Office 365 gives you monthly subscription packages starting from $5 per user per month and going to $35 per user per month, varying with package specifications.
- Limited usage: As you now know that Office 365 is a cloud-based service where you can avail Microsoft products online, it clearly means that the service is not limited to just one PC. Microsoft Office 2019 Mac or Microsoft Office 2019 Windows is, however, limited to one PC only and you cannot access it from any other device. Considering the fact that the world is now highly globalized and mobility is important, you cannot practically have your laptop with you all the time and hence the world is slowly moving towards cloud-based technology. This automatically makes Office 365 a better choice.
Microsoft Office 2019 download is feasible for one-time investors who do not prefer extra monthly expenses while Office 365 could be an ideal choice for people who prefer installments to pay off their expenses. Regardless, Office 365 is cheaper overall. However, the main determinant of whether you buy Microsoft Office 2019 is the point following this one!
Despite the differences, Microsoft Office 2019 download number is still amazing mainly because of the fact that people do not want to switch to cloud-based Office immediately. They are comfortable with the offline software and since cloud-based usage is not a necessity yet, they probably prefer sticking to Microsoft Office 2019. Nevertheless, people must start getting their hands firm on Office 365 because cloud-based documentation, communication and data analysis is surely the future of the professional world.
What’s New in Microsoft Office 2019 Features?
As compared to 2016, following are some changes that you will see after Microsoft Office 2019 download:
- Microsoft Word is now black-themed with speech feature that allows text-to-speech functionality. There are also additional learning tools like audio descriptions and captions along with improvements in accessibility and inking functionality.
- Microsoft PowerPoint now has Morph Transition feature with an improved roaming pencil case and ability to manage 3D models, SVG and icons. Within the presentations, Microsoft Office 2019 offers zoom capabilities to order the sides making your presentation attractive.
- Microsoft Excel now consists of new functions and connectors. Funnel charts, timelines and 2D maps are also added to Excel making it an even more powerful tool for professionals. PowerPivot and PowerQuery are enhanced in Microsoft Office 2019 and it is now able to publish Excel to PowerBI.
- Outlook now consists of a focused inbox with updated contact cards, Office 365 groups, and @mentions. Travel and delivery summary cards are also included in the new update.
These are the most notable features that you can find in Microsoft Office 2019 Windows and Microsoft Office 2019 Mac. They surely make your experience with Office better as compared to the 2016 version and while the Office 365 might have more features than this, it is purely up to your personal preference if you want cloud-based operations or not.