As Apple continues to fascinate its customers, people all over the world were excited about the new models that were announced: iPhone XS, XS max and XR. Every new invention by Apple is somewhat innovative and iPhone XS is just another innovative device by the brand. Since its release, Apple iPhone XS received mass appreciation and the demand for this has been insane.
People with a slightly higher budget can go for the bigger screen i.e. iPhone XS Max but XS is ideally the most demanded one yet. iPhone XR is a relatively low-budget phone so Apple has definitely covered multiple segments this year. In order to back these statements, following is all that you need to know about Apple iPhone XS before you can make your purchase decision:
- Pricing: One of the factors that majority of buyers prioritize while making purchasing decisions is whether the price they pay is according to their perceived value of a good or service. iPhone XS was expected to be an expensive model because of the features it offers as it was introduced at a price of:
Official Price Storage Price 64 GB $999 256 GB $1149 512 GB $1349
These amounts, however, does not include tax and AppleCare+ so that would be an additional cost. These are the prices at which the phones were introduced and are subject to change.
- General features: Before moving on to the specifics of body, screen and processor, you must know the basic features of Apple iPhone XS to make an informed decision. The phone weighs 6.24 ounces with a height of 5.65 inches, width of 2.79 inches and depth of 0.3 inches.
It also consists of IP68 under IEC standard 60529 for dust and water resistance. Finally, iPhone XS can survive even the very lowest of temperatures falling to -4 degrees and highest of temperatures reaching 113 degrees in Fahrenheit.
- Phone body: With surgical grade stainless steel metal frame and glass on either side of the phone, the new Apple iPhone XS might not be much different in terms of body than the last model, iPhone X.
The phone is available in three colors including space gray, gold and silver and the design does not involve mercury, brominated flame retardant, PVC and arsenic. It can only be concluded that the stainless steel is recyclable but how Apple does that is yet unknown.
- Display: The display size of Apple iPhone XS is no different than that of iPhone X but the resolution surely is:
- Screen size and type: 5.8 inches, OLED panel.
- Resolution: 2436×1125 pixels, 458 pixels per inch (PPI).
Apple differentiated its phones by introducing the minimum amount of screen to body ratio and it continues that point of differentiation with iPhone XS. It has a screen to body ratio of 81.1% and aspect ratio of 19.5:9 which is considered to be ideal if you want to watch widescreen movies.
The brightness can go upto 625 nits for extreme visibility under daylight. With a million to one contrast ratio and an oleophobic coating protecting the screen from fingerprints, Apple iPhone XS remains one of the leading devices of 2018. 3D touch continues to be a feature in iPhone despite the rumors of not being the case this year.
- Battery: Apple devices have always been well-recognized for their distinguished battery timing. While the previously launched iPhone X had a 2716 mAh battery, iPhone XS provides the same performance with 2658 mAh battery.
- 20 hours talk time.
- 14 hours of video playback.
- 60 hours of audio playback.
Charging can be done via Lightning to USB cable or lightning to USB-C cable for fast charging. The adapter must be an appropriate one compatible with Apple devices and it will charge your phones battery by 50% in half an hour. Wireless charging option will also soon be available with the introduction of AirPower wireless charging station.
- Phone performance: The new iPhone XS has improved in terms of processor as it has a built-in 4GB RAM as compared to 3GB in the previous iPhone X. What is more exciting about this phone is the Apple’s 7 nanometer A12 bionic chip with 64-bit architecture because users were already impressed with A11 bionic chip’s performance in iPhone X and this one is an even improved chip.
- Camera: Beginning from rear camera, Apple iPhone XS has excelled in this feature. Apart from 12 MP camera, it consists of two lenses. One lens is wide-angle with an aperture of f/1.8 and the other one is telephoto with an aperture of f/2.4. The optical zoom is possible because of two times magnification due to the telephoto feature. Ten-time digital zoom is also available.
Other features of Apple iPhone XS rear camera include:
- Optical image stabilization enabling in-focus handheld shots.
- Six-element lens for accuracy.
- Durability due to sapphire crystal lens cover.
- Quad LED True Tone flash with Slow Sync that corrects ambient lighting.
- Depth control with Portrait and Portrait Lighting mode.
- Ability to shoot up to 63 MP panoramas.
- Exposure control, face detection, backside illumination sensor, timer and burst modes, auto image.
- Stabilization, advanced red-eye detection and smart HDR.
- Hybrid infrared filter, geotagging and noise reduction.
- Live photos with Focus Pixels.
Video recording is also a great experience with iPhone XS as it can shoot at 720p, 1080p and even 4K resolutions. Cinematic video stabilization, max frame rate of 60 fps and slo-mo feature allows you to shoot whatever you want.
Front camera is also a 7MP TrueDepth machine aiding the face ID feature of iPhone XS. Advanced bokeh and depth control is also available in front camera for best results.
- Software: Finally, the Apple iPhone XS runs on the new iOS 12. The new software allows iPhone XS to adopt dual-SIM option and enables group FaceTime. Supporting QuickType keyboard, different languages, Siri, spell check and dictation, iOS 12 makes iPhone XS an ideal choice for consumers in 2018 who do not wish to miss out on anything.
Apple claimed A12 bionic as the smartest and most powerful chip ever in a smartphone. This, along with a six-core 2.496 GHz CPU and four-core GPU, makes iPhone XS one of the best phones performance-wise introduced in 2018.
The new Apple iPhone XS is therefore a great choice for consumers. It provides them with looks as well as performance in all aspects. Apple usually charges premium on its products but these features and renowned reliability should be convincing enough to not hesitate paying a few bucks more!